For those who like spicy and sweet
2 lbs chicken or beef, cut into 2 inch cubes
1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
4 garlic cloves
1/4 cup rice vinegar
4 tbsp best quality olive oil
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp chili pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
How to make it
1. Puree the tomato, onion pineapple, and garlic with the vinegar.
2. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large deep saucepan over medium heat until it bubbles and just starts to turn light brown. Quickly add the spices and some salt to taste. Stir to blend.
3. Add the vegetables and pineapple mixture to the pan, increase heat to medium high and boil for several minutes. Reduce heat to simmer.
4. Heat the remaining oil in another frying pan. Add the cubed meat once the oil hot. Cook until outside is seared, but do not cook through.
5. Add the seared meat to the vegetable and pineapple mixture. Keep it simmering. Stir occasionally. Cook until the same sauce begins to “stick” at the bottom of the pot, or for about an hour. Keep the lid set slightly to the side so moisture can escape.
6. Add the coconut milk and continue to cook at a simmer, again until the sauce starts to stick slightly to the bottom after stirring.